Date: 12th September 2019 at 7:00pm
Written by: Mark Day

It’s the name that’s in the mind of a lot of Blues fan’s heads at the moment.

Ever since we first spotted him on the team sheet for the U23s against Bristol City on Monday, we’ve been anxiously waiting to see if Josh McEachran will turn his trial in B9 into a permanent deal. Well, Pep Clotet has given us a little bit of an update on that situation.

In his pre-match press conference today he said that:

“Josh McEachran is training with us, we want to give him some more time to assess him, I’ll give it until the end of next week and then I will give my judgement to the Club on Josh, and then it is up to them to decide on what happens with that situation.”

Whilst I think it is fair to want to assess him properly and make sure that you do the correct due diligence on him, I do have this fear in the back of my mind that if we take too long over signing him, we may end up losing out on him. We saw in the summer transfer with the inconvenience that was the Jefferson Montero deal being put on hold because of a delay in the paperwork, but just imagine if we lose a player completely just because we took too long in assessing him.

Whilst I’ve said before it isn’t crucial that we sign him, because I think we have more important needs elsewhere in the squad, I do think that he is a good player, and given that Blues captain Harlee Dean also speaks very highly of him, I do think he’s a player that I would rather have on board with us than come back and bite us for not signing him when we had the chance.

What do you think? Do you think that the club should pull the trigger and sign him now? Or do you think that it’s worth us taking that little bit of extra time to assess him before pulling the trigger?

 
Click for the forum

Your Comment